I asked a woman for a date

I was talking to a friend about her books and I know she has quite a collection now that are yet to be published.

I call her an Unpublisher (she doesn't like me calling her that but it's true)

Anyway I asked her when the first book was going to be published and she said tomorrow or the next day.

I asked, "Which one?"

She said, "Tomorrow."

I asked, "What's the date?"

She said, "You know what the date is."

I said, "I know what date tomorrow is but I want you to tell me the date you're going to publish the book."

She said, "Tomorrow."

I asked, "What's the date?"

It was about now that this normally pleasant person was starting to get a little bit annoyed with me but as you might guess... I didn't care about that.

I wanted a date.

Finally she gave me the date and I said thanks.

Why did I want a date?

Tomorrow is not a date.

Every day has a tomorrow - unless it's your last.

Every week has a next week.

Every month is followed by another.

Every year has another after it.

There is only ONE October 31st 2014.

That's a date.

That's a line in the sand.

That's a commitment.

That's why I wanted a date.

That why you need to make dates... And Stick to Them.

So I've asked you for a date too.

You don't have to tell me personally and you don't have to be a woman to accept my request for a date :)

Draw a line in the sand and cross that line because that's how you get to where you want to be.